Job History & Education
- 2006 - Present Lindsey Solutions Software development,
including web-based data driven sites and applications, system software, and
- 1985 – 2006 Colorado Information Technologies,
Inc. Part-owner. Served in many roles including team member,
project leader, management, etc. As an owner of this small business, I
responsible to varying degrees for all of the following (sorry, long list):
setting strategic direction; formulating tactics; hiring and firing;
managing clerical and technical staff; financial management; office leasing;
marketing and advertising; sales efforts working directly with potential
clients; negotiating, writing and enforcing client contracts; working with
legal counsel; leading staff in setting corporate policies and procedures;
establishing and encouraging staff collaboration methods; negotiating,
evolving and dissolving partnerships with other firms; vendor relations and
negotiations; training staff; technical project management; computer and
software system procurement, installation, operation and maintenance;
telecommunications architecture, procurement and management; and technical
- 1996 – 2006 Managed CIT’s Internet Service
Provider (ISP) division. I was responsible for all aspects of sales and
marketing, technical architecture, accounting and customer service. I
focused the ISP on complex business requirements and under my management it
established a reputation for quality customer service and unusually high
technical competence. Due to the ISP’s desirable technical facilities and
loyal customer base, CIT was able to attract three qualified buyers and sell
the ISP division.
- 1983 – 1985 Independent Consultant. Team
leader on project that created a highly effective device-independent
terminal driver for the Control Data Corp. Cyber 180 supercomputer.
Software and Management Consultant for Infocomp, Inc. and the South Dakota
Department of Transportation.
- 1975 – 1983 Cibar, Inc., Colorado Springs, CO.
Programmer/Analyst and Consultant. Primarily worked on banking software
projects. Rose from junior team member to team leader with responsibility
for significant projects. Clients included Citibank, Morgan Guaranty Trust,
Anacomp, Burroughs Corp. and others.
- 1973 – 1975 Institute for Paper Chemistry,
Appleton WI. Computer Operator for IBM System 360 mainframe (part-time).
Solely responsible for system startup; starting, troubleshooting and ending
batch jobs on punch cards, operating and maintaining printers and plotters,
loading magnetic tapes; and orderly system shutdown.
- BA in Geology from Lawrence University, Appleton, WI
(including credit courses in programming) 1975
- High School course in programming, 1970
- Structured Programming courses from Cibar Systems
Institute circa 1980
- Various Novell NetWare courses
- Various Microsoft courses in Windows NT and other
- Novell Certified NetWare Engineer (CNE) versions 2, 3,
4 and 5
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Windows NT
Server, NT Workstation, TCP/IP Networking